I got this recipe from http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/48304421609 but made some slight alterations.
Check her out for more recipe ideas:
Healthy Chicken and Black Bean Tacos
1lb of Ground Chicken
1 packet of organic seasoning or low sodium (I found Simply Organic Taco Seasoning)
1 large onion, diced
1 can of low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup low sodium salsa
8 whole wheat, low carb high fiber tortilla wraps
2 Jalapenos sliced
Shredded low fat cheese
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup natural Guacamole e.g. Wholly Guacamole (or own homemade)
Light Sour Cream
Shredded lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
Taco sauce (preferably light)
Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees and grease your baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
In a nonstick pan, cook chicken on high until cooked through. Add one tablespoon of water and taco seasoning (save 2 tablespoons of seasoning). Remove chicken from pan and add onions, black beans and 2 tablespoons of leftover seasoning. If it seems a little dry try adding a dash of water
Fill each of your whole wheat wraps with chicken, onion & black bean mixture.
Top with Jalapenos, salsa and shredded cheese. Roll wrap tightly and lightly brush with olive oil. Repeat until all wraps are filled and put in baking dish.
Bake at 365 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
Sweet and Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp each of smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried parsley and sea salt
- Slice sweet potatoes into VERY thin slices.
- Add the sweet potato to a large bowl and microwave for 4-6 minutes.
- On a non-stick baking sheet spread out microwaved potatoes evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minute. Don’t let them burn.
- While they are in the oven, heat a frying pan on high.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut oil to frying pan.
- Remove fries from oven and add to frying pan with coconut oil.
- Cook fries until they crisp and lightly brown.
- Add all fries to a brown paper sack. Add all spices (rosemary through sea salt)
- Shake to combine