Saturday, April 23, 2016
This is by far one of my favorite meals, and with many stores stocking bags of "riced" cauliflower it's become super quick and easy to make! A perfect healthy alternative to Chinese with a massive veggie serving and oh so satisfying!
1 head of cauliflower or 1 bag riced cauliflower
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 yellow onion, diced
2 whole eggs
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (more or less to taste- can also sub for Bragg's liquid amino's)
2-3 tbsp dark sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1lb chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
1. If you bought a head of cauliflower, the first step is to rice it. Chop into small pieces and in two separate batches, place in a food processer and pulse until a rice like consistency. Be sure to do this in short pulses. If you leave it on low or high it will puree rather than break into rice like pieces. Set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large wok, sautee in 1 tbsp dark sesame oil over medium/high heat until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium, add remaining sesame oil to walk with onions and carrots. When almost cooked through add frozen peas and cook for a couple of minutes until cooked through.
4. Add riced cauliflower to pan. Sauteed together for a couple of minutes. Push to the side of the wok and create a space to cook the eggs.
5. Scramble eggs in a bowl, pour into the wok and scramble lightly. Once cooked through combine with rice mixture. Add chicken to mixture.
6. Add soy sauce and sautee for 1-2 minutes.