Not only was this incredibly tasty, but start to finish it only took about 30 minutes to prepare and I had leftovers for lunch #Bonus!
Perfect fall recipe that will fill your tummy and leave you OH so satisfied!
Did I mention it's also Gluten Free?
TIP: If you don't like too much heat, cut back on the chili powder and use cherry tomatoes instead of fire roasted tomatoes!
1 large green bell pepper, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
3/4 pound ground turkey (12 oz)
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp oregano
1.5 cups cooked brown rice (minute rice packets or microwavable pouches such as uncle ben's or Aldi are great)
3 tsps EVOO
2-3 tsps lime juice
Approx 1/3 cup shredded cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1.5 tsps of EVOO in a large skillet over a medium/high heat
- Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper
- Allow turkey to cook through until no longer pink and slightly brown on the outside. Season with 1 tsp each of cumin, chili powder, paprika & oregano.
- Set turkey aside in a bowl and add remaining 1.5 tsps of oil to pan.
- Add your bell pepper and onion and cook until softened
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and juices, cook for a few minutes until cooked through to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook brown rice (if using instant, follow package directions but should take 60-90 seconds in the microwave)
- Add remaining spices to veggie mixture (1 tsp each of cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano)
- Add 1.5 cups of brown rice to veggies and cooked ground turkey
- Add lime juice. Stir everything to combine. Season with additional salt/pepper to taste or additional seasonings if you prefer.
- Add your cheese. Stir in or sprinkle on top!
21 day Fix Containers
1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 tsp, 1/2 blue