I tried this recipe out a few weeks ago and it was such a massive hit with my family we had to have it again the following week for taco tuesday.
Not only is it healthy, filling and SO easy to make it's UBER satisfying...like...party in your mouth satisfying! The flavors are fabulous.
For the pork:
- 18 oz boneless pork loin, sliced into thin strips
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (more if you like extra heat)
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Corn tortillas
- 1-2 onions, sliced and 2 tbsps EVOO
- Lettuce, shredded
- Cheese of preference, shredded
- Lime wedges
- Additional toppings of your choice
- Heat 2 tbsps EVOO in a pan, add sliced onions and allow to brown, stirring occasionally while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and jalapeno, . Saute approx 60-90 seconds.
- Turn heat to high and add the pork and fish sauce (note, the fish sauce may have a strong odor to it while cooking...this is normal! It will go away and the end result is a mouth watering dish!). Stir fry for a few minutes until pork is no longer pink.
- With the heat on very high, add sugar and water, stirring to combine. Let the pork caramelize by not stirring for 45-60 seconds. Then stir and repeat this process until you get a caramelized effect.
- Warm tortilla's in a skillet with a little bit of oil.
- Combine equal parts greek yogurt and sriracha to make sauce (more for extra heat, less if you don't like it too spicy).
- Assemble your taco's with toppings of preference, chili sauce and squeeze some fresh lime juice over them.
General serving size, 2 taco's.
Container Equivalents (21 day fix, core de force, master's hammer and chisel etc): 1 yellow, 1.25 red, 1/2 blue, 1 green